Former Missouri Representative Jim Guest
In 2002, Jim Guest began his first of four terms in the Missouri House of Representatives (4). Guest holds degrees in engineering and was employed at McDonnell Douglas Corporation, a federal sub-contractor that developed aerospace technology and worked on classified projects, prior to its merging with Boeing (5). He served on multiple committees while in office, including the House Committee on Real ID and Personal Privacy, delving into consumer issues related to electronic “nonlethal” weapons, radio frequency identification (RFID) chips and proposing related legislation. It was then that Guest became known as a “go-to guy” for resources related to involuntary human research subjects, electronic harassment and similar such subject matter.
In a letter to fellow legislators and dated October 10, 2007 (6) , Guest wrote:
This letter is to ask for your help for the many constituents in our country who are being affected unjustly by electronic weapons torture and covert harassment groups. Serious privacy rights violations and physical injuries have been caused by the activities of these groups and their use of so-called non-lethal weapons on men, women, and even children.I am asking you to play a role in helping these victims and also stopping the massive movement in the use of Verichip and RFID technologies in tracking Americans.Long before Verichip was known we were testing these devices on Americans, many without their knowledge or consent. With the new revelations of the cancer risk besides the privacy and human rights problems with the use of Verichip and RF signals, I am asking for your help in stopping these abuses and aiding those already affected. Your attendance is therefore requested at a conference call regarding these issues on Monday, October 29, at 11 am EST. After a period of brief presentations, we will have a discussion of these issues with the intent of creating a way forward toward solutions...Sincerely,Rep. Jim Guest
Guest's work went on to become presented as supporting documents in civil court cases and, in select cases, Guest himself assisted plaintiffs. In 2008, Guest personally helped James Walbert convince a Kansas court that he and his family were being electronically harassed via nonlethal weapons by a former business partner (7). Then-Representative Guest wrote on behalf of Walbert (8):
To Whom It May Concern:I have worked for 3 years with Microwave and Electronic Harassment victims throughout the US and overseas. It is hard for others to understand the technology that is being used to destroy people's lives. I know James because he contacted me for help. James has worked to find proof of what has happened to him.Many victims try hard to get help from professional doctors to help find devices such as Veri-Chip. I would request that you and those who can make a difference would help James and others to find answers.Jim Guest5th District State Representative
Guest's legacy of championing contemporary human rights issues was solidified. His work continues to be cited among various advocacy groups.
Former Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich
Former Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich
Dennis Kucinich is an elected official serving the State of Ohio, as was the case with John Glenn. Kucinich is a career politician, elected to the Senate in 1994 and Congress in 1996. During a Presidential bid, news surfaced in 2007 of Kucinich's involvement in a UFO sighting (9).
During the early 1980's while staying at the Graham, Washington, home of Shirley MacLaine, Kucinich and two companions reported that they heard a high pitched sound throughout the day (10). Later the same day, the trio observed three triangle craft approach and hover in close proximity.
MacLaine went on to write in her book, Sage-ing While Age-ing, that Kucinich “heard directions in his mind” during the incident. The Washington Post reports that Kucinich denies that part. Kucinich does, however, generally agree that the event indeed took place and as researcher/author Alex Constantine quotes Kucinich's companions and MacLaine as describing (see previous source cited).
One way or the other, perhaps what is most interesting about the Dennis Kucinich saga is that he went on to propose the Space Preservation Act of 2001 (11). The bill sought to ban space-based weapons, very interestingly including the “use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations.” The bill additionally proposed banning “exotic weapons systems such as high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems.”
The bill was not approved.
On a related note, a U.S. Navy document titled, Human Research Protection Program (12), established policy and assigned responsibility for research involving human subjects and conducted by or on behalf of the Navy. The document was issued by the Secretary of the Navy, dated November 6, 2006, and stated in part:
(1) The Secretary of the Navy is the research approval authority for all research protocols involving:a) Waivers of the requirement for informed consent under reference (e).(b) Exceptions from informed consent requirements for emergency research under 21 CFR 50.24 in reference (i) and in accordance with the requirements of reference (e).(c) Requests for waiver of requirements of DON policy regarding human research protections.(2) The Under Secretary of the Navy (UNSECNAV) is the Approval Authority for research involving:(a) Severe or unusual intrusions, either physical or psychological, on human subjects (such as consciousness-altering drugs or mind-control techniques).(b) Prisoners.(c) Potentially or inherently controversial topics (such as those likely to attract significant media coverage or that might invite challenge by interest groups).(3) The UNSECNAV forwards to the Director, Defense Research and Engineering (DDR&E) for final determination:(a) All proposed research involving exposure of human subjects to the effects of nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents or weapons, as required by reference (a).(b) All human research protocols that would require action by an official of the Department of Health and Human Services under reference (f).(4) UNSECNAV forwards to SECDEF, via DDR&E, for approval all classified human research.
(4) Missouri House of Representatives: Representative Jim Guest
(5) Boeing: McDonnell Douglas Archive
(6) Freedom from Covert Harassment and Surveillance: Representative Jim Guest Letter PDF
(7) Raven1: Court Recognizes Electronic Harassment: Protection Order for James Walbert
(8) Raven1: Walbert Letter
(9) The Washington Post: The Love Song of Dennis J. Kucinich
(10) Alex Constantine's Blacklist: Murdoch's WSJ Outs Kucinich UFO Sighting
(11) Federation of American Scientists: Space Preservation Act of 2001
(12) Federation of American Scientists: SECNAVINST INSTRUCTION 3900.39D PDF